Chef Manager Position
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a self-motivated and ambitious Chef Manager in Baileborough, Co Cavan. The owners of this business have recently invested significantly in their Fresh Food facilities with a view to upweighting their Fresh Food Offer. In addition to taking their deli offering to the next level, they wish to develop their Hot Food Offer both served and Take Home. In support of these offers, they also wish to expand their bakery offer and ensure the customer has that “Just Made” experience daily. The overall objective is to create a destination for Fresh Food. The recent investment in the business included the creation of a separate Production Kitchen which is designed to supply the served daily offer to customers and as a production kitchen for made In-House pre-pack Take Home offer and Bakery.
This role will suit an experienced or ambitious person with a proven track record in delivering the highest quality food offer. The ability to manage and motivate people is key to this role. To this end, a true passion for food is key. Experience in choosing people with an interest and passion for food should also be a requirement as it is envisaged that the person taking on this challenge will want to build a strong team around them.
Main purpose of the role:
Ensure the Food Department operates efficiently and profitably while providing our customers with excellent quality products and services.
The ideal candidate will have:
- An ability to thrive in a fast-paced, customer facing environment.
- 5 years’ experience in a Chef/Manager role within a retail deli or café environment
- Have a true passion for the food industry and as such be creative and innovative with the fresh offering
- Good Customer focused management skills and an ability to build a quality and loyal customer base
- Experience in successfully achieving sales targets, KPIs and Gross Profit Margins
- HACCP Management and Food Safety Level 2 (preferable Level 3) training and has experience in meeting HACCP, Food Safety and H&S requirements
- Experience in ordering for deli departments and managing waste within a fresh food department
- The ability to inspire, lead and motivate employees through support and development
- Ability to assist in the management of staff rosters and staff wage budgets
- Excellent communication skills
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word) and Numerical skills
- Prepare the presentation and layout of the food offers across all fresh food departments - Deli Hot & Cold counters, Food to Go and Bakery
- Drive sales and margin across all key areas
- Responsible for KPIs such as sales, margin, waste management, pricing and promotional displays
- Manage the activities of the production kitchen and assist in the development of Take Home In-Store Meal Solutions
- Liaise with suppliers to ensure the highest quality of food and service is being delivered
- Engage in any promotional activity, new innovation and workshops
- Embrace and support staff with new initiatives and new ways of working
- Train all department staff and ensure the highest standards are maintained in all areas within the Fresh Food Department
- Hold regular communication with all Staff and Senior Management
- Ensure correct PPE is worn and safe SOP are adhered to at all times
- Deal with all customer queries efficiently, professionally, and consistent with store policy
- Attend all training as required be it online, in-store or off-site
- Deal with regularity bodies such as HSE
- Perform any other duties or assume other responsibilities that may be assigned to the role
The food operation currently opens to the customers from 7.15am until 6pm Mon to Sun, 8.00am to 5pm Sat & Sun. Therefore, it would be a requirement that the candidate would work 5 days over 7 and be available to work alternate Saturdays and Sundays. Full flexibility is required in order to cover all shift patterns but as this is a managerial role there is a requirement to be there during peak trading hours and ensure the food offer is to a consistent and high standard. The objective is to develop in particular the Sunday Food trade so emphasises would on upskilling other staff members to deliver a consistent food offer across all seven days.
To Apply, send your CV to email@example.com